Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Luno:
Your mission will involve..
- Being part of the integral foundation of the Luno platform and you will get to apply your knowledge and experience to the various SRE projects at Luno.
- Building and scaling infrastructure, version control systems and CI/CD processes on the Luno platform by applying and enforcing Infrastructure as Code, which is accessed by over 8 million customers, in nearly 50 countries through various phases of the crypto trading lifecycle.
- Being security first when building scalable infrastructure
- Working alongside a growing team of SREs and our Principal Engineers and our CTO, Timothy Stranex (ex-Google) and our VP of Engineering, Simon Ince (ex-Microsoft) on projects like…
- Preparing on being scalable for the next crypto bull run
- Enabling other pods to scale by provisioning infrastructure that scales
- Being compliant with various security and legal/compliance audits that we apply for and encounter in the crypto industry
Luno offers a Remote but Reachable working approach. Find out more here
What skills do you need to join this mission?
- Prior experience in a software engineering, DevOps, Site reliability roles/ environments
- Experience with setting up, deploying, scaling, and managing containerized environments using Kubernetes in production
- Experience in managing large infrastructure projects using Terraform
- Experienced with setting up, deploying, and managing various AWS services
What stack will you be working on:
- The entire AWS suite
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Grafana and Prometheus - for monitoring
- Hashicorp Vault - for managing secrets
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
Be part of a mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. Luno is a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.