We are seeking a highly ambitious, energetic, and experienced Account Manager who is competent and confident enough to become the reliable face of our dynamic organization, creating long-term and trusting relationships with our key clients. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned key clients, develop new business from existing clients, and seek fresh business opportunities. Our ideal candidate has a unique flair for client communication, understands client behavior, is known for building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with clients, and acts as a problem solver to the client.
- Be an advocate for Kraken’s full product suite
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with clients based on trust and respect
- Act as a full service researcher for clients
- Be available for your clients to contact you via any channel they prefer including voice
- Enhance Kraken’s reputation by taking initiative in owning the client’s request and providing the best client experience in the financial services industry
- Sourcing and onboarding of new clients in the APAC region
- Fluent in English and Japanese at a professional level. Proficiency in a Chinese language would also be an asset
- Aware of the cultural nuances of doing business in Japan
- Over 2 years’ experience in Crypto/ Legacy Finance Sales & Account Management
- An extensive network in APAC Crypto space with a strong focus on the Japanese market
- Solid experience in handling Japanese high net wealth market
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business problems, conduct analysis, and identify well-reasoned solutions.
- Experience with crypto markets trading systems and knowledge of current trends facing traders/trading desks directly.
- Knowledge of international payments and banking
- Well informed about the debate on regulation of cryptocurrencies worldwide
- Strong understanding and respect for security and privacy
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Strong sales skills to sell our products and services to prospective clients
- Achieving and exceeding weekly/monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- This is an individual contributor role that reports to a sales manager who values in-the-moment coaching, weekly one on ones as well as autonomy to allow you to own your success
- Must be innovative, action oriented, and travel-enthusiast