At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM mainnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts. For the latest updates check out our Twitter
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the team responsible for our web applications. Your scope will include design and implementation across multiple applications, including our Block Explorer and the zkSync 2.0 Portal.
What You'll Be Doing
- Architect and build APIs using Node.js
- Write and support unit/integration tests
- Test, debug, optimise backend parts for acceptable performance under high load
- Contribute to existing frontend projects based on Vue
- Actively participate in common team meetings: daily standups, demo, retrospective, planning, grooming, estimation etc.
- Actively participate in code reviews
What We Look For in You
- At least 5+ years of experience building API’s using Node.js
- At least 3+ years of experience using Vue.js for Frontend projects
- Strong understanding of the principles of software development and architecture
- Hands-on experience using PostgreSQL or similar
- Hands-on experience using MongoDB or Redis etc.
- Hands-on experience using RabbitMq or Kafka (or similar) as a messaging system
- Hands-on experience using Elasticsearch or any other full-text search engines
- Hands-on experience using Kubernetes on AWS or Google Cloud
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery for frontend and backend
- Strong communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and understanding specifics of Web3
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer using other languages and frameworks, e.g. .NET, Ruby, etc.
- Experience as a mentor or tech/team lead
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.