Our mission is to provide an amazing fraud framework and response to our business, partners, and customers in dealing with fraud related matters. We do this by responding to any fraud related incidents swiftly and in a coordinated way. We are the front line of Financial Crime and we ensure that fraud cases are dealt with appropriately and on time. We keep the bad guys out and the good guys in. We operate globally and are centralised in South Africa.
Your role in a nutshell:
As a senior financial crime investigator, you’ll be involved in preventing and detecting financial crimes like fraud, money laundering and account takeovers from occurring on Luno. You will report to our Investigations Manager in South Africa and work closely with other Financial Crime team members to help support cross-department operational initiatives to detect and prevent abuse. You are passionate about cryptocurrencies and have a good understanding of their role in the overall fraud and Financial Crime landscape.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively identify and monitor financial crime typologies based on investigative hypotheses;
- Conducting and supporting proactive and reactive investigations into fraud, money laundering and account takeovers to completion;
- Conduct root cause analyses of incidents in order to develop strategies to prevent recurrences;
- Writing high quality forensic reports that can stand up in court;
- Liaise between various internal and external stakeholders including legal, law enforcement, investigators, banks and victims;
- Be a point of escalation for financial crime investigations;
- Play a key role in the development of fraud policies, procedures and tools;
- Performing ad-hoc investigations as needed;
- Working closely with the team to build a world class investigation team.
- A BA, BSc BComm or other relevant qualification from an accredited college or university;
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience involving money laundering, fraud and / or account takeover investigations;
- Experience investigating complex financial crimes, including fraud, money laundering or other types of financial crime;
- To be highly organised and structured with strong project and time management skills;
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast-paced organization;
- Ability to operate independently, manage multiple priorities, and use sound judgment;
- Experience with working with large data sets and producing investigative reports;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills;
- An existing valid work permit for South Africa if you’re not a South African citizen;
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity.
- Have proven experience in a financial crime related role within a financial services institution or law enforcement agency;
- You have hands on experience with Cryptocurrencies;
- You have experience in digital forensics, OSINT investigations or legal proceedings;
- You have additional relevant qualifications, such as CAMS or CFE;
- You’re interested in the continuous training and development of yourself and your team;
- Have experience in cyber-crime and /or an understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.