At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM mainnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts. For the latest updates check out our Twitter
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
Matter labs is looking for a Communications Manager to execute an integrated media relations and communication strategy to drive positive brand awareness, attract new users, and elevate industry thought leadership across top-tier and trade platforms (including top-tier digital press, trade publications, podcasts and events).
As Communications Manager you will be reporting into the Media Relations Lead and be working on how we tell our story at a very exciting time. This role is a great opportunity to really influence as a business how we create and create compelling campaigns that will shape the narrative around Crypto.
Your role will widely vary but an outline of those responsibilities includes
- Execute a proactive media relations strategy to secure a steady cadence of positive coverage
- Support on media relations planning and execution for product announcements, commentary, thought leadership profiles and company initiatives
- Secure and staff in-person media interviews at key industry conferences
- Manage reactive press needs, including inbound inquiries and requests
- Work closely with external partners and customers to do joint announcements, build case studies, and infuse their voices into our campaigns
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and influencers
- Conduct regular storymining to uncover storytelling opportunities
- Work cross functionally across Product and Marketing also including with our leadership and Media Relations Lead to secure opportunities to tell our story
- Work with our Copywriters to write press releases, blog posts, partnership announcements, key messages and contribute to all our externally facing communication
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Public Relations, Communication or Media Relations experience ideally in the crypto/payments/fintech industries/B2B technology
- Expert knowledge of financial/crypto, Web3 media landscape is a massive plus
- Proven media relations skills
- A strategic thinker with the motivation and drive to own and execute initiatives
- Proactive and relentless go-getter
- Work independently and collaborate with remote global marketing team members
- Fluent English speaker and writing communication skills
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.