At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
– where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha
milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter
At Matter Labs operational excellence is a major focal point of the organization: we work with some of the best talent in the world, and being able to provide the internal infrastructure to match is critical. As we’re preparing for pivotal company milestones and gearing up for hypergrowth, we’re looking for the best-in-class operators to join the team and build a strong foundation for what’s to come.
As Chief of Staff to the CEO, you will play a key role in the success of the business: you will work closely with the CEO to make sure the company is operating efficiently, effectively, and everyone (including the CEO) is set up to thrive. In this role you will be required to anticipate any future needs of the CEO and the business. No task should be too small or too big, you should be someone that gets things done! Your day-to-day tasks will vary widely, and will require you to be flexible, proactive, creative and strategic.
We value working with high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
- Internal comms/alignment: you will help to keep the entire Leadership team aligned on strategy, goals, and results. This includes documentation as well as communication to the rest of the organization. You will serve as the go-to person for the CEO, and will work to solve problems and deal with issues before they are brought to the CEO. You will be in all meetings regarding strategy and will be responsible for communicating outcomes to all stakeholders to ensure alignment
- External comms: you will own the preparation of external engagement materials, including decks, thought-pieces, keynote presentations, etc. It's important to have a strategic approach in this area and make sure that your are working with our Events and Marketing team on behalf of the CEO
- Systems & Performance: you will be working with the data alongside the leadership team to define and track goals and performance across all the different operational factors. You will make recommendations on how the team can work more efficiently and effectively, identify what systems and processes need to be put in place, and will serve as a thought-partner to cross-functional leadership on how to improve their organizations as well
- Proactive Management: you will create efficiencies in the CEO’s schedule, and will sometimes attend meetings in the CEO's stead. You will summarize status updates and advise on any actions that need to be taken, and will often proactively manage things on the CEO’s behalf
- Excellent communications and influencing skills - able to manage up or down in the organization, and comfortable working with senior leadership
- Proven experience in scaling a successful business through operational excellence
- Strong storytelling and writing skills combined with the ability to present data in a way that is persuasive to all audiences
- Ability to deep-dive into business strategy, identify and quantify opportunities, and design improvements and solutions
- Can-do attitude and proven experience of getting things done
- Comfortable working autonomously, and able to quickly respond to problems and address conflicting stakeholder requirements
- Natural curiosity and a solution-oriented mindset
- Naturally good at building good relationships
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field (Chief Of Staff/Operational Leadership) with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience
- Experience working in a high growth startup is a must
- Fluent written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.