At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
– where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha
milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter
We are looking for a highly motivated person who will help to secure our Layer 2 scaling protocol. You will be working closely with our Engineers starting with early stage of the feature design through the development life cycle and till the production deployment ensuring the highest security standards are applied at each step. A substantial part of the job is to play with our code “in the wild” to test the implementation in exceptional cases.
What You'll Be Doing
- Improve the security of our smart contracts through audits, testing, formal verification, etc
- Set and maintain good security and engineering processes
- Mentor others on the team about security and share your knowledge.
What We Look For in You
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Have strong security fundamentals knowledge
- Have experience in securing smart contracts threat analysis, hacking, penetration testing, intrusion detection, logging, malware analysis, or forensics
- Fluency in Rust, C++, Golang, or similar languages - we work primarily with Rust, but prior experience with this language is not mandatory
- Have deep knowledge and passion for crypto applications and Ethereum
- Experience with discovering vulnerabilities at the design/system level
- Proven ability to communicate across roles to drive a security mindset across the company
- Understanding Solidity and smart contract best-practices is a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.