The Legal team at Chainalysis advises both internal and external stakeholders on the forefront of cryptocurrency and its constantly evolving regulatory landscape. Our job is to ensure the company continues its rapid growth by employing sound and efficient judgment to support operations around the company and influence a groundbreaking industry as it matures and becomes more widely adopted.
As the second commercial counsel hire focusing on the Americas private sector, you will be integral in contributing to the scaling of the global, commercial legal function at Chainalysis.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a variety of commercial agreements, primarily SaaS subscription agreements, as well as distribution and partner agreements supporting our Sales and Partner organizations globally.
- You have developed a strong rapport and have worked in collaboration with our sales, operations, marketing, infosec, engineering and product teams in connection with our transactional goals.
- You have worked through data privacy (GDPR) and security issues in commercial transactions.
- You have demonstrated an obsession with internal client and external customer happiness, while promoting scalable processes and procedures.
- You have a complete A to Z understanding of our sales process and are a trusted business partner to our internal stakeholders.
A background like this helps:
- Above all, you must have excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- High frequency transaction experience in the drafting and negotiation of SaaS / software licensing agreements within the technology industry.
- Experience with, or concrete understanding of, GDPR in a transactional setting and a demonstrated history of negotiating and reviewing DPAs.
- Experience supporting a global sales team (and understanding of sales process) at a B2B, rapid growth technology company.
- You are independent, patient, thoughtful, and adept at managing shifting priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment, but at the same time possess the judgment to know when and how to escalate issues.
- Willingness to occasionally support sales teams across the globe outside of local business hours
- You are familiar with or have an interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
The base salary range for this role is $126,300 - $157,900 on a national basis and may be higher or lower depending on the location of the role. Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMmEwOTpiYWMxOjM0ZTA6NTA6OjE5YzoyNzYM