Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
We are looking for an experienced Big Data Team Lead to lead our team.
The candidate will build an agile and efficient big data team and implement a reliable big data platform to support various data applications that meet business needs. This person will analyze and define innovative solutions with internal stakeholders to achieve strategic business goals.
- Sort out business scenarios, lead team work closely with the data scientist, backend dev and frontend dev teams to continuously deliver data applications and data APIs, output business value.
- Lead team design and implement high performance big data platform supporting large volume real time and batched data processes.
- Plan the construction of big data platform, continuously optimize it to ensure the scalability, high availability, fault tolerance and flexibility to meet the needs of various applications.
- Lead team build a data governance platform to provide automatic, self-service, and intelligent platform support for data governance. include data model management, data standard management, metadata management, data quality management, data service management, data security management and data life cycle management.
- Establish a good learning and growth environment for team members, help them clarify their goals and implement high quality delivery, build an agile and efficient big data team.
- 5+ years of experience in leading Big Data team(s).
- 5+ years experience of Big Data platform governance.
- 10+ years experience of Big Data development and architecture.
- 10+ years experience of data lake and data warehouse design and development experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledges on Big Data solution architecting.
- Proficient in Java / Scala / Python (at least one language) and SQL.
- Proficient in Big Data pipeline development including batch and streaming processing.
- Familiar with Big Data components including but not limited to Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Spark streaming, Delta lake, Hudi, Flink, Presto, Hbase, Kafka, Zookeeper, Airflow, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc.
- Experiences with AWS Big Data services is a plus.
- Have strong team collaboration attitude and develop partnership with other teams and business.
- Be optimistic, ability to adapt quickly to meet new challenges and quick to respond against incidents.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire