Real Vision helps people understand the complex world of finance, business, and the global economy with real in-depth analysis by real experts through the power of its community.
The company is on a mission to democratize the very best financial intelligence for all and become the one place where everyone lives their financial lives.
This enhanced platform will offer members different learning journeys that put them in control of their finances. Members will be able to watch videos, listen to podcasts, monitor market prices, analyze markets and economies, do technical analysis, create watch lists, read and publish research, monitor their portfolios, execute trades across both Tradfi and Crypto, and contribute to a thriving hive mind community.
We are looking for a VP of Product Design to help us build a world-class product design org that makes our platforms and apps feel like magic.
Reporting to the Chief Experience Officer, you’ll partner with cross-functional leaders and guide product design teams to shape what our members want, need, and are ready for at specific points in their financial journeys. You’ll also work closely with the Head of Creative and our creative studio that is responsible for brand identity to ensure everything we design conveys a consistent brand experience.
Your track record of putting communities and people at the center of everything has contributed to thriving human-centered cultures that make amazing consumer-facing products. Inspiring others to think big – really big -- to imagine what’s possible while zooming into the details gets you up every morning.
What You Will Do
Experience in these critical areas will set you up for success in this role.
- Partner with product and insights leadership to develop a solid understanding of our community through a mix of qual & quant research
- Partner with product and insights leadership to build better processes for developing even deeper customer understanding (e.g., dashboards, research reports, etc.)
- Help turn strategy into product -- participating in and often facilitating jam sessions to go from insights to ideas
- Play a hands-on role when needed to create mock-ups and prototypes that help visualize how we go from ideas to action
- Form effective partnerships with product, data & insights, engineering, marketing, revenue, and content leadership -- holding each other accountable and driving alignment
- Collaborate with these leaders to develop healthy, inclusive cross-functional teams that trust one another
- Help these teams understand how their work ladders-up to company-level strategic goals
- Provide clear updates to the business on behalf of teams as needed
- Lead a matrixed design org of 10+ people across IA, UX, and UI
- Recruit and onboard talent as we grow
- Improve our processes for attracting high-quality, diverse candidates
- Provide continuous candid feedback to designers on their performance
- Identify and nurture future design leaders within Real Vision
- Evolve our processes & principles to work better for our current stage of design maturity
- Partner with product leadership to drive executional alignment on our roadmap
- Provide Feedback on prioritization, roadmapping, and scoping
- Help lead decisions around quality/effort tradeoffs
- Ensure design capacity is factored into roadmap decisions
- Build a network of freelances, agencies, etc. and processes to scale design quickly when needed
- Support and/or lead concept design for new features - contributing directly when necessary
- Develop a consistent, on-brand design system in partnership with Head of Creative
- Guide executional design work
- Provide clear, effective feedback through written feedback, design crits, and 1:1 working sessions
- Help reinforce a culture where we ship quickly and often to help make better decisions
Who you are:
- Managed design teams/orgs for 10+ years
- Designed personalized digital experiences for different personas and their respective user journeys
- Shipped digital products with a mix of features developed (a.) in house (b.) by 3rd-parties (i.e., lots of integration experience)
- Worked across a diverse ecosystem of websites (desktop, mobile), native mobile apps (iOS, Android), OTT apps (AppleTV, Android TV, etc.), in-vehicle apps (CarPlay, Android Auto), and complex desktop aps (MacOs, Windows, Linux)
- You have been inside companies or agencies where speed, agility, and constantly shipping features mattered
- You have startup and/or early growth stage experience
- Worked with diverse cross-functional groups that go beyond typical agile software teams
- Familiar with agile product development process...and understand when to deviate from what's prescribed based on what makes sense for the business
- Wired to find solutions, take action, and get concepts out in the wild
- Embrace and educate others on product design best practices
- Have a growth mindset
- Lead with positive energy
- Juggle multiple things at once in stride
- Communicate ideas concisely and clearly
- Passionate about finance and crypto and enjoy going down these rabbit holes
- Ideally, you are (or have been) a Real Vision subscriber or member
- You can point to work that shows how you've made complex digital products dead simple to use
What we offer:
- Real Vision is 100% remote
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Grants
- 100% covered health, vision, dental for the individual employee (with family coverage at a heavily reduced rate)
- 401k with 4% match
- 20 days PTO, US holidays and 5 sick days
- Real Vision All Access Membership