Dapper Labs is at an inflection point in our journey and it might be the perfect time for you to join us. Less than 8 months ago we launched NBA Top Shot on the new Flow blockchain and it is already on track to be the fastest-growing marketplace in history. Over $200 million in sales in the past 30 days and nearly 300k active users driven by organic growth. We're now profitable and ready to invest in building out the ecosystem so everyone can benefit.
We believe in an open digital future: one where people own the assets they pay for and have full transparency into the software they're using. We believe users should have the choice to leave apps without leaving the underlying network, and that the users and developers that constitute a network should benefit directly from the value they're helping create. Crypto, or blockchain, is the technology that enables this future. Blockchains are public computers that anyone can access, everyone can trust, and no one can block or take down. Currencies and collectibles are only scratching the surface of what's possible.
We are looking for product-minded, user experience-driven mobile engineers to join the fast-growing mighty mobile engineering team to ideate, design, implement, and maintain the best blockchain-powered mobile experiences for the first 1-billion mainstream users.
What you'll do:
- Create and refine high-performance mobile applications running on blockchain
- Put our users first and ship features that surprise and delight
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features
- Craft every interaction with our product to be a polished, memorable, and engaging experience
- Evaluate technical trade-offs for every decision
- Adopt best practices in software development and refine our workflows
- Identify areas in our technical stack to improve, prioritize rollout with the team and contribute to the implementation
- Build reusable components that are easy to use, maintain, and extend
A little about you:
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Solid understanding of Kotlin/Java internals
- Proficiency with multithreading and performance optimization techniques for Android
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures) and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns and Android best practices
- Experience working on consumer-facing mobile products
- Ship high-quality code in a fast-paced environment
- Owned projects end-to-end and delivered them by hitting key milestones
- Have a strong product sense and eye for pixel-perfect implementation
- Have great communication skills; you work well with others to make the product better every day
- Experience with blockchain and web3 technologies
- Experience with iOS / Swift development
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with SDK development
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to make web3 experiences easy, safe and fun.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves.
Dapper Labs is the makers of the Dapper Platform - the trusted gateway to digital worlds - and the officially-licensed digital video collectibles including NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, UFC Strike and LaLiga Golazos.
Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL and NFLPA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, as well as 100+ others.