About the team:
We're agile, use scrum, continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
Our engineering team is split into organisations which we call Fleets. Fleets focus on a core customer journey (onboarding, security, payments, support, new business, growth and marketing etc.) Fleet Protect and Serve purpose is to build trust with our customers through exceptional seamless security, preventing financial crime and fraud. Fleets contain smaller teams called Pods, each Pod owns a specific aspect of the customer journey. Pods are formed of cross functional highly skilled team members from Product, Delivery and Engineering.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands.
The role in a nutshell:
You’ll be joining a group of highly motivated software engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with to help Luno succeed with our mission. You will set standards, recommend continual improvement and mentoring fellow engineers to do the right thing.
Your focus will be on our product cyber security, and customer authentication / authorisation journey, detecting and preventing fraud and financial crime. We put our customers at the centre of what we do. You will work closely with our Product Managers leading the way with creative solutions centered on customer value and customer experience.
Your mission will be:
- Building on distributed microservices that are accessed by over 10 million customers from nearly 50 countries.
- Be a thought leader, propose continual improvement to the way we work, how we write code, how we automate manual work, continually shift quality feedback left.
- Influence our technology strategy and roadmap, share your knowledge and research.
- Designing, building and maintaining advanced applications services.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Writing testable, maintainable code for robustness and reliability.
- Build attractive, easy to use mobile
- Inspire our fellow Lunaut engineers to enjoy doing their best work, and have fun creating customer value that directly affects customers, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem.
- Shape your role to showcase the best you have to offer, get involved in all hands, technical meeting of minds and presenting to the wider community.
- Working alongside a growing team of Engineers, Principal Engineers, our CTO Simon Ince (ex-Microsoft) on projects like…
- Protecting our customer's crypto with advanced security practices
- Modelling customer risk levels based on demographic and transactional data
- Building customer security and trust as a service
- Enabling customers to have the best experience investing in crypto currencies
A little about you:
- A background in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, and software design is highly advantageous
- Proficient experience in Swift and the iOS framework, Material Design, performance of mobile applications
- Passionate about user experience of mobile applications
- You understand the benefit of behavioural driven development and how it supports delivering a great usability experience
- Previous technical lead or staff engineer experience
- Ability to mentor, coach and interview engineers
- Reduces complexity, refactors and simplifies code and systems
- Introduces processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Demonstrable experience of working with a product and infosec teams
- Strong understanding of customer experience and trust in identity, authentication, authorisation and access control of Luno products, or a keen interest to become an expert in the customer security domain
- Secure system, application, API and coding standards including OWASP
- DevSecOps principles integrating security principles and testing into software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of security, vulnerability testing and code inspection tools
- Willingness and ability to create technical documentation and technical design specifications
- A continuous improvement mindset
- A BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- A passion for cryptocurrency, innovation and research
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed as a team
- You have a continual growth mindset and keen to collaborate, share knowledge and ideas with others
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
What stack we work on:
- Kotlin, Swift & Angular
- Go(lang), gRPC
- Kubernetes (EKS), Docker
- CloudFlare, CloudFront, nginx
- MySQL (RDS), Redis (ElastiCache), etc
- Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, Jenkins
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Learnerbly and CodeAcademy.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone's hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.