Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned
global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Product Marketing Manager to help us grow our ecosystem of third-party developers, projects, and companies that leverage zkSync infrastructure for their businesses.
In this role, you will partner with cross-functional teams including product management, product design, engineering, marketing, developer relations, developer advocacy and more to define and execute go-to-market (GTM) strategies, positioning zkSync as the best layer 2 option in the Ethereum ecosystem. You will translate our product features and its customer benefits into clear value propositions, messaging, and content.
Your main focus will be keeping our customers (developers, partners, companies, and end-users) at the center of everything, and demonstrating how zkSync solves their pains and meets their needs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build marketing strategy across the business — pull together business goals, technical considerations, and campaign timelines and build the expertise of the product and marketing team to align on audiences to target, channels to employ, countries to activate, etc
- Create compelling messages and position zkSync as the ultimate scaling solution for Ethereum, driving awareness and adoption of our blockchain. What is the value we are offering to the customer? How do we stack up to competitor capabilities? Are we being true to our brand differentiators?
- Work closely with marketing and developer advocacy to increase awareness of zkSync for developer audiences, growing the development community building with our solutions
- Work with product and marketing partners to clearly define marketing needs and coordinate various parts of the marketing organization to execute against those needs (e.g. brand design, event, organic social, paid social, partner marketing, community, etc.)
- Lead, coordinate, and execute product launches and initiatives by ensuring all product releases are well documented, communicated, and appealing to the right audiences
- Conduct user, developer, and market research and track competitive and key crypto/blockchain/web3 trends and industry developments.
- Evolve our personas, creating more awareness of who we are building for, and how we solve specific pain points for each of those groups
What We Look For in You
- 5+ years of work experience in marketing or related field, with an emphasis on product marketing
- Passionate and familiar with dApp developers, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology
- Experience in growing developer ecosystems
- Ability to collaborate with others across functions in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience developing and executing GTM strategies, creating high-impact growth marketing campaigns for technical audiences and consumers
- Familiar with various product marketing techniques
- Prior expertise in creating customer-centric engaging content from product and technical features
- Ability to learn about technical concepts and turn them into powerful campaigns that attract, convert, and retain consumers and developers
- Ability to conduct, interpret, and present qualitative and quantitative feedback and research
- Strong communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
Nice to Have
- Experience with research utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.)
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects
- Experience working with data/analytics tools
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.