BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Are you passionate about financial markets, do you have strong accounting skills, are you great with numbers and know how to take care of the details? Do you have a flexible attitude, quantitative focus and a strong desire to leverage your skills? Do you have the ability to act as the single point of contact with regards to financial reports?
You’ll be working in the Accounting and Finance team in New York. Our business is dynamic and growing in terms of size and complexity, thus we are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative and motivated individual to join the team and to quickly take on the below responsibilities.
To add maximum value, the role will also require an understanding of and contribution to the other functions of the wider Accounting and Finance team. In addition to the Accounting team, you’ll interact with other internal clients include Risk, Compliance, Legal, Operations and Senior Management. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Act as the primary owner on all accounting matters related to consolidations and subsidiary accounting including intercompany allocations and transfer pricing
- Be a valued partner to the Accounting team and develop an in-depth understanding of various local markets GAAP, revenue recognition criteria and regulatory requirements
- Ensure a robust set of controls is operating properly through effective supervision, challenge and impact assessment
- Own and be responsible for the accounting and reporting of balances to external stakeholders
- Work with FP&A and tax colleagues to develop and implement timely data aggregation processes
- Assess transactions for appropriate valuation, accounting treatment, and disclosure in the financial statements
- Strong communication skills and be able to clearly articulate matters and report with several stakeholders, including the business, external auditors, etc., on financial results
- Understand front to back flows and the ability to partner with other functions to address inefficiencies
- Work with other functions to deliver process improvement in line with our strategic programs of work
- Possess a strong risk mind-set to challenge and influence the effectiveness of upstream controls to further strengthen the front to back control environment
- Act as the subject matter expert
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or accounting, with a strong understanding of accounting principles and capital markets
- 8+ years of prior experience in the Financial Services industry, specifically dealing with complex global subsidiary structures
- CPA or equivalent
- Understanding of both IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience working in an ERP system / environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency markets is an advantage but not required
- Understanding of and experience supporting fund accounting and investor reporting
- A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels with an ability to influence & constructively challenge traders
- Capable of running with projects and leading a team.
- Fast learner and team player
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand