What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team and Role
We’re looking for Investigations Analysts to join our Compliance Investigations Team.
- Conduct investigations of fiat and virtual currency Transaction Monitoring Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants further investigation
- Review customer name and transaction screening alerts for connections to sanctions, PEPs or adverse media
- Prepare answers and materials to subpoenas and 314(a)/(b) requests
- Conduct client outreach to gather additional information regarding their activities
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include regulatory examinations and/or external audits
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or Compliance.
- Certifications, e.g., CAMS, CFE a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations
- Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools
- Superb attention to detail & organizational skills
- Highly efficient and motivated multi-tasker
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working with Google Product Suite
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission and values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other and enjoy the work we do - so should you!