What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Strategic Finance Associate to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Strategy & Analytics Institutional Finance team works cross-functionally to i) oversee, advise, and provide financial planning to the Institutional team, which engages in lending, prop trading, and investing and ii) work cross-functionally with the rest of the Finance team, Operations, and the broader BlockFi team. We are seeking a strategic thinker with strategy, investment, and analytics experience to join our team.
To lead insights-driven budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting for the team.
- Develop a deep understanding of key performance drivers to effectively model the Institutional business, inform strategic and financial decisions
- Create and maintain reporting, planning, budgeting, and forecasting for new and existing project as well as for overall team financials
- Leverage financial insights to recommend business improvements and assist in optimizing resource allocations based on business needs and financial results
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and recommendations proactively and in response to Senior Management
- Support business development activities such as partnerships, strategic investments, and/or acquisitions
- Work cross-functionally with the Institutional team (e.g. on various business lines and initiatives), rest of Finance team (e.g. Accounting team to understand and obtain actuals), Operations and other teams
- 2+ years experience in management consulting, investment banking, or asset management
- Deep experience with financial modeling (advanced Excel including Excel-based scripts and other tools) and other types of ad-hoc analysis (e.g., opportunity sizing, ROI, sensitivity analyses)
- Ability to go beyond the data and understand the “so what”, to translate findings into key insights and actionable recommendations
- Ability to communicate complex topics and recommendations in clear and concise reports, charts, and slides
- Ability to independently manage work from end to end without significant support
- Strong teammate that works well with various functions across the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, and desire for personal and professional improvement
- Passion for financial services / fintech and/or crypto
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days or Flexible PTO & sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand