About the role
The Product Manager will join a team responsible for the flows of fiat currencies into and out of the exchange. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, an interest in user experience, is data-driven, and possesses the grit needed to bring people together to get stuff done.
Responsibilities include working with stream lead to maintain the product roadmap, keeping up with current trends in payments, clearing blockers for products in development, and owning the end-to-end process of bringing payment and funding products to market. On any given day you will collaborate with multiple engineering teams, designers, compliance, support, legal, and operations team members. No day is the same and the problems we solve are super-fascinating.
The successful candidate should thrive in a security-focused, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to easily adapt and adjust to change without sacrificing the product vision. Candidates must possess the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Maintain a fiat funding strategy and roadmap. Oversee product implementations in accordance with the roadmap
- Unblock blockers and push implementations forward through to deployment
- Keep an eye on the industry and emerging trends in payments
- Use your own skills or enlist the skills of your many talented colleagues to satisfy all product planning requirements connected to the SDLC
- Collaborate with people across the company to advance our team’s products. Support others in the advancement of their products as well
- Keep track of the health and success of our products by listening to customers as well as to other Kraken colleagues
- Watch the numbers and be scientific in your measurements and reporting. Drive the creation of new insights by using our talented data team
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for improvement
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, and process flows
- Experience working with payments in any of these product areas: payment cards, wires/swift, ACH, regional debit schemes, payment and banking gateways, acquiring and issuing
- Understanding of the fraud and risk management landscape associated with retail payments
- 2 - 4 years of relevant product management experience
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency exchange space
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills