At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for a senior software engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of the core components of the Dash software ecosystem, primarily dashd and dash-qt. You will create and maintain open-source products in an agile environment alongside engineers and developers in the Dash Core team. This is an opportunity to work with a very innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with their money.
- Contribute to the open-source development of Dash Core components and libraries.
- Collaborate with the team to research, define, design, implement and ship improvements and new features.
- Discover and eliminate bugs, race conditions. Increase code test coverage.
- Participate in the testing and deployment of new releases.
- Create benchmarks for various methods and work to increase performance in critical areas.
- Strive to find ways to improve code quality.
- Work with our technical writer to explain new and modified functionality.
- Apply creative solutions to eliminate the limitations of cryptocurrency and provide improved user experiences.
- 7+ years in software development
- 5+ years of production-level C++ experience.
- Good understanding of basic cryptography and data structures.
- Knowledge or practical experience in peer-to-peer technologies
- Knowledge and experience of blockchain technologies
- Experience developing large multi-threaded distributed applications.
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented design principles
- Experience delivering high-quality code using integration and unit tests
- Ability to work remotely without constant supervision and be self-motivated.
- Proficiency in the English language. You must be able to communicate with the team, both orally and in written form.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
- Experience with the use of git or a similar version control system
Nice to have
- 1+ years of experience programming within the field of cryptocurrency (strongly desired)
- 3+ years of studies in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subjects at the university level.
- Experience with blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency (strongly desired)
- Experience with open-source and distributed software development projects
- Experience developing language parsers and interpreters
- Experience developing database engines (SQL/NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience with discrete-event and/or network simulators
- Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant, gracefully degrading micro-service architecture
- Understanding or interest to learn advanced cryptography.
- Strong preference will be given to those candidates who provide evidence of their knowledge/ability via pull requests to any of our official Github repositories located at https://github.com/dashpay/ and https://github.com/dashevo/
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Location and compensation
- Desired location in GMT +/- 2 timezones, but can be anywhere - this is a 100% remote position.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location
To apply for this role, please submit an updated CV/resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com.
For more information on Dash, please visit https://www.dash.org