What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Client Escalations Manager to join our growing team!
About the Team and Role
We’re looking for a Client Escalations Manager to join our team and take on the following responsibilities:
- Handle escalated client situations, including dissatisfied or upset clients, de-escalating and working directly with clients to ultimately resolve the inquiry.
- Be the owner and point of contact for client escalations that’s triaged through the CEO and ensure white glove coordination to ensure client satisfaction.
- Serve as the primary point of escalation contact for the US Escalations Team.
- Be a champion of CS when it comes to working cross functionally with different departments during outages/breaks/bugs to be the voice of CS to determine the best path forward to resolve the issue and maintain best client experience.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations and provide positive direction to ensure that your team meets or exceeds expected KPIs and SLAs
- Work closely with the Offshore Client Service Team to ensure there’s seamless engagement and triage between Offshore Team and Escalations Team
- Produce and report SLA and KPI reports for your team on a weekly basis
- Develop scalable and repeatable processes and educate the teams internally to ensure smooth operation during incidents / escalations.
- Assess client satisfaction and extract key business needs/issues
- Align with leadership regularly to discuss and optimize strategy and share client feedback across functions
- 5+ years of industry experience in a client-facing capacity with previous management experience
- An understanding of financial services (preferably blockchain technology and cryptocurrency)
- Demonstrated leadership skills & experience including team building, coaching, motivating, training and developing team members
- Ability to work well within a team environment and foster cross functional working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in high stress situations
This position provides a large opportunity for professional growth as we scale our organization. The individual who joins our team should expect to scale with our company and be ready to take on larger responsibilities over time.
Qualified applicants should respond with a brief intro to their background.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand