About the Role
Kraken is growing rapidly. We have already scaled a great amount in the last quarter, but need more capacity to take the next step. The data engineering team is responsible for designing and implementing scalable solutions that allow the company to make data-driven decisions fast and accurately on several terabytes of data.
- Scaling a high load MySQL cluster making every and all optimizations necessary that are available to support higher throughput
- Creating many, meaningful benchmarks to find any areas inside MySQL and/or other data systems that would increase performance
- Administrating and tuning Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Druid, Presto, and other data systems
- Expert knowledge of open source SQL databases, in particular MariaDB / MySQL (10+ years experience)
- Understanding of data models, structured data, replication, sharding and backup strategies for scaling and productionising the above
- Experience running MySQL on dedicated hardware
- AWS cloud engineering expertise across VPC, EC2, RDS, Aurora, S3, EMR
- Extremely proficient with best security practices
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.