At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
Dash Platform is a technology stack for building decentralized web3 applications on the Dash network with experience compared to the usual web. The two main architectural components, Drive and DAPI, allow developers to register identities and store application state on-chain using HTTP-based API.
We are looking for a senior software developer responsible for the development and maintenance of Dash Platform components, blockchain and consensus libraries. You will create new Open Source products in Agile environment alongside engineers and developers in the Dash Platform team. This is an opportunity to work with a very innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with their money.
- Contribute to the open source development of Dash Platform components and libraries.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile environment to research, define, design, implement and ship improvements and new features.
- Discover and eliminate bugs, race conditions. Increase code test coverage
- Participate in the testing and deployment of new releases.
- Contribute to developments and improvements of our continuous integration software.
- Create benchmarks for various methods and work to increase performance in critical areas.
- Strive to find ways to improve code quality.
- Work with our technical writer to explain various functionality you will work on.
- Apply creative solutions to eliminate limitations of cryptocurrency and provide improved user experiences.
- 7+ years in software development
- Good understanding of basic cryptography and data structures.
- Knowledge or practical experience in peer-to-peer technologies
- Basic knowledge of blockchain technology
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented design principles and "12Factor" methodology
- Experience delivering high quality code using integration and unit tests
- Ability to work remotely without constant supervision and be self motivated.
- Proficiency in the English language. You must be able to communicate with the team, both orally and by written form.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
Nice to have
- 3+ years of experience programming in lower level languages such as Rust, C++, C or similar.
- 3+ years of studies in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects at university level.
- Experience with blockchain technologies, especially within the field of cryptocurrency (strongly desired)
- Experience with Tendermint / Cosmos SDK (strongly desired)
- Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant, gracefully degrading micro-service architecture
- Understanding or interest to learn advanced cryptography.
- Strong preference will be given to those candidates who provide evidence of their knowledge/ability via pull requests to any of our official Github repositories located at https://github.com/dashpay/ and https://github.com/dashevo/
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Location / compensation
- Location can be anywhere - this is a 100% remote position.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location