What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our growing team!
About Your Team
We are looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team to support our company’s rapid growth. Our team is the core of our success and what makes BlockFi special, and this person will play an instrumental role in driving this moving forward. You will be responsible for managing payroll for our widely distributed US and International team members on bi-weekly, bi-monthly and monthly pay cycles. You will also manage the implementation of a time and attendance system for our hourly population. Lastly, you will own the budget for the People team
- Own payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, stop payments and other operations
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for correctness
- Oversee salary changes, compensations, deductions, bonus, vacations payouts, and benefits for employees
- Perform account balance and payroll reconciliations
- Ensure that employee payroll processing is in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Assist with opening and closing state and local payroll tax accounts
- Audit and review bi-monthly payroll for US employees through our PEO
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per IRS regulations.
- Respond to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner.
- Ensure payroll system is up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Partner with global payroll provider for timely and accurate processing of international payroll
- Review and approve contractor invoices on a monthly basis
- Implement bi-weekly payroll for new hourly population
- Onboard time and attendance tracking for hourly population
- Generate reports for Finance or People team
- Track People budget
- Create Payroll process and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 4-5 years of previous experience owning the payroll process for a company of 500+ employees
- 2-3 year of vendor management and/or customer service experience
- Familiarity with HRIS and Payroll Systems such as BambooHR
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and payroll practices.
- High numerical aptitude and very detail oriented
- Results as well as process-driven
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or G-Suite - Excel or Google Sheets knowledge
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Creative, proactive thinker who actively seeks solutions, and identifies process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships easily and with authenticity
- Ability to discreetly work with confidential and sensitive data
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand