What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an Institutional Transaction Monitoring Associate to join our growing team!
We are seeking Institutional Transaction Monitoring Associate to join the BlockFi Compliance team. In this role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to designing and conducting compliance monitoring reviews, assisting in completing regulatory filings and exams, and filing periodic reports according to licensing obligations. You will be expected to remain up to speed with an evolving regulatory environment, and to quickly gain an understanding of the growing product suite. You will liaise with the Finance, Security, Risk and Legal teams, among others.
- Conduct investigations of fiat and virtual currency Transaction Monitoring Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants further investigation and draft SARs when necessary
- Assist in drafting policy and procedure related to transaction monitoring investigations
- Test and tune transaction monitoring alerts for institutional clients
- Review customer name and transaction screening alerts for connections to sanctions, PEPs or adverse media
- Prepare answers and materials to subpoenas and 314(a)/(b) requests
- Conduct client outreach to gather additional information regarding their activities
- Balance numerous projects, queues and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include regulatory examinations and/or external audits
- 5 years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or Compliance.
- Certifications, e.g., CAMS, CFE a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations
- Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools
- Superb attention to detail & organizational skills
- Highly efficient and motivated multitasker
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working with Google Product Suite
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand