Shipyard Software is developing blockchain-based trading products to rebuild global markets on a free and fair foundation. Our first product is a decentralized exchange (over the past year, decentralized exchange trade volume has grown to $100B+/month). It is a novel automated market maker with the best prices anywhere for retail-sized trades. The founders are experienced crypto entrepreneurs and researchers with multiple venture-backed exits. Shipyard’s early backers include Polychain Capital, 0x Labs, 1inch, Quantstamp, and more.
Shipyard needs a Marketing Lead to launch and manage the Galleon brand and digital community. You'll develop and execute marketing strategies, develop scalable content strategies that focus on user growth, engage with community via social media platforms, and more. You'll be both strategic and scrappy; big picture and hands-on. For an amazing person, we would structure the role, seniority and team around you.
What Will You Do:
- Develop and execute community engagement and growth strategies that align with brand and core business objectives Manage end-to-end social strategy including managing daily postings across Twitter and other core channels, engaging with user generated content, and ensuring consistent growth of all socials–Twitter, Discord, Reddit, Telegram
- Work directly with leadership team to inform business and product strategies based on marketing and community sentiment and feedback
- Grow, engage, excite, and educate every member of the Galleon community with marketing campaigns and content
- Set KPIs and benchmarks for marketing metrics. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns and marketing efforts to maximize results.
- Ensure full management and measurement of community and social channels using leading tools like Buffer, Google Analytics, etc.
- Evolve owned digital channels (e.g., website, search, social) leveraging new technologies and strategies to drive engagement
- Collaborate closely with engineering and business teams to generate interesting and engaging content for external stakeholders (e.g., tutorials, thought leadership, co-marketing announcements)
What Will You Bring:
- You have 1 to 3 years of marketing experience, preferably within tech, finance, or cryptoYou’ve implemented
- You have experience and passion for digital marketing and communities
- You’re detailed oriented and are able to switch seamlessly between strategy ideation to ground-level execution
- You're able to communicate complex concepts into succinct, easy-to-understand concepts
- Required: a deep knowledge and passion for crypto
- Preferred: you work well in a high-growth, startup environment
- Preferred: you work within US time zones