What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an Operations Manager to join our growing team!
As the Operations Manager, you will report to the Director of Global Operations. You will be a part of defining the structure and managing the core programs, initiatives and processes across the Global Ops function. This role will lead daily management of our west coast team of analysts, as well as engagement partnership with our lines of business, and key organizational partners including Retail Operations, Client Service, Legal, Compliance, Product and Technology. This person will manage the day-to-day operational activities of a team of analysts, to provide support, visibility, engagement, adherence to established KPI’s and leadership to drive value for our clients and our business.
We are looking for a driven individual with a track record of successfully building out teams and processes, to join BlockFi’s Global Operations team. This role is for someone looking to be one of the foundational members of the Global Operations team, and will be responsible for driving innovative support models to handle our volume and set us up for further years of growth.
The ideal candidate brings a unique blend of strategic and operational / execution skills and has the flexibility to widen or tighten the scope for the task at hand. They are a creative and thoughtful problem solver, and enjoy rolling up their sleeves to get things done. They are a skilled communicator who can translate business needs into engineering requirements, while thriving in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Oversee a team of ops analysts, ensuring day to day operations are running smooth and metrics/KPIs are being met across the teams
- Approve analyst daily work
- Ensure volume forecasts and planning requirements are built to manage peak volume periods to ensure achievement of KPIs
- Review and monitor (weekly, monthly and quarterly) delivery of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and ensure visibility to the rest of the organization
- Provide dynamic leadership: Hire, mentor, develop, and guide a team of managers to efficiently and effectively lead a team of Client Service Associates spanning your region
- Support and drive a culture of client service excellence, ensuring that all employees are fully informed, trained and supported
- Report to BlockFi’s Director of Global Operations, and represent the internal business interests on all global Ops needs
- Help develop and execute on APAC and EMEA Operations roadmap
- Help evaluate product needs and develop process and product to support team’s daily functions
- Craft end-to-end operational product workflows, utilizing internal and external product resources to build products that last
- Work cross-functionally with BlockFi’s operations and other business teams to drive results
- Play a critical role in supporting new and existing blockfi products, from roadmap / ideation to execution and delivery
- Help build out APAC & EMEA operations team as the business scales
- Constantly develop and implement initiatives which optimizes business performance and results in increased client satisfaction
- Dynamic: Understand what it means to move fast, pivot with change, growth mindset, collaborate cross functionally and bring people together towards a common goal
- 3+ years of experience building, leading, and growing high performing teams, preferably in a high growth startup type environment
- Excellent communication skills and a natural ability to organize teams
- Comfortable working with cross functional business teams and resources; specific operations skills a plus
- A consistent track record of successfully scaling teams and building support models for new and existing products
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g. ZenDesk, Servicenow, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with metrics and analysis including workforce planning, productivity, SLAs, C-SAT and KPIs
- Intermediate+ skills of Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel or Google Products
- Comfort with BI tools
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand