Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the highest standards of technological and trading sophistication from traditional financial markets and 2) technology startup nature, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supports high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable proprietary trading business. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
What will you work on
We are looking for Senior Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about building products/applications that people find useful and that help company grow the business. You will be responsible for building completely new front end applications for Wintermute's trading products. A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and you will have a unique opportunity to shape it, including selecting significant parts of tech stack. You will work very closely with traders, trading platform developers, business operations and management/founders. You’ll have an opportunity to improve your knowledge of building high-performance scalable applications, understand broader system architecture and to understand algorithmic crypto currency trading. At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on revenue, you will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed.
Hard Skills requirements
- Knowledge of Python, at least intermediate, and desire to learn
- Basic understanding of infrastructure required for frontend/servers: CDN, Cloudflare or similar, webservers
- Experience building/architecting web-based applications or big parts of them from scratch; understamding of how they are connected to back-end (back-end experience is a plus)
- Experience with fintech, financial services products or other applications with 1) a large amount of volume (like payments, trading transactions or similar), 2) security being crucial (like in moving money, etc)
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love building things, and love seeing your products live
- Are curious about algorithmic trading, financial markets, cryptocurrency
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner, work hard and no 9-to-5 "work to pay bills" or contractor mentality
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting (new product) projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take years longer to get in a technology company or in a traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth, proven and very well financed startup and one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups based in Europe
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet startupy, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
- Aligned incentive structure: significant performance-based variable pay on top of competitive pay and the best thing - your contribution directly impacts rewards and the upside is unlimited
Tips for a successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in this particular role at Wintermute and in Wintermute in general. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- We will arrange a UK visa sponsorship and help with relocation to London