Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services through the Crypto.com App, the Crypto.com Card, the Crypto.com Exchange and Crypto.com DeFi Wallet, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time.
Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 900+ strong team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role:
As a Blockchain Protocol Engineer, you will work on the core blockchain technology, optimize internal data structures, write cryptographic algorithms and protocol specifications. You will also design and maintain interfaces for wider ecosystem integrations.
- Development activities include development, proposing architectural decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review and implementation
- Identify issues and implement solutions to complex problems in the blockchain protocol
- Analyze and solve difficult problems across the blockchain protocol
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build high scale backend services
- Management of documentation of all code and functionalities implemented
- Work closely with DevOps and ecosystem engineers to improve tech stack for long-term engineering initiatives
- Interested in building first-class product to solve real world problems
- Experienced with various technologies, a fast learner and have a "get things done" mentality
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and having the ability to juggle conflicting requirements from many different stakeholders
- Humble to embrace better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities
- Self-starter who can define and execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Open to learning, collaborative, willing to give and receive feedback
- 5+ years engineering experience, preferably strong backend development experience (e.g. Go, Java, Erlang)
- Hands-on experience in using basic cryptographic primitives (e.g. BouncyCastle in Java): digital signatures, key exchange, symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems and understanding of consensus algorithms, such as Raft or PBFT
- Experience with or interest in Rust
- Hands-on experience with any existing blockchain system internals is welcomed but not required
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand new product from scratch alongside with a talented team