What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Product Control Manager to join our growing team!
About Your Team
BlockFi is looking for a Manager to support our Product Control team’s activities. A successful candidate who joins our team will scale with our company and take on larger responsibilities over time. This is an expansive role offering an opportunity for the right candidate to interact with a wide number of individuals within BlockFi as well as counterparties in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. The position will report directly to BlockFi’s Product Controller, working directly with our Institutional Sales and Trading Team as well as the broader Finance organization.
- Design, implement and streamline daily, weekly, and monthly accounting processes for cryptocurrency operations
- Collaborate with trading teams and counter-parties to reconcile and understand transactions, settlement, and overall trade mechanics
- Support daily P&L review and analysis; investigate and resolve trade breaks on an on-going basis
- Support sub-ledger, legal entity, and other longer-term system and process builds
- Implement and drive adherence to policies and controls documentation
- Coordinate with operations to oversee sufficient liquidity
- Maintain and ensure data integrity for activity across various asset classes including futures and options
- Support the external audit by preparing financial schedules, statements, and proactively managing auditor requests
- Growth-oriented and enthusiastic to build and scale role and responsibilities over time
- Has 6+ years of experience in fund accounting, product control, or general financial operations with an interest in expanding their skillset
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science
- CPA and or CFA a plus, not required
- Is interested in technology and cryptocurrencies or is willing to learn about them
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and an ability to work independently to figure out solutions to time-sensitive issues
- A team player and is highly responsive to internal and external requests
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated ability delivering accurate information to others
- Hands-on experience with Python or another coding language is a plus; this job will be data-intensive.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets and can find ways to speed up or automate manual processes
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand