What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Chief Operating Officer to join our growing team.
- Support the management and priorities of the executive team influencing as a complement to the CEO to improve effectiveness across all key company priorities
- Drive operational maturity at BlockFi, collaborating cross-functionally on rigorous organizational effectiveness including communication framework, controls environment, tracking key metrics/objectives, developing reporting structures, and conducting data analysis
- Conceptualize and implement strategies around various aspects of company growth and organizational improvement
- Act as the primary interface for the CEO with multiple C Suite executives to condense reporting structure and ensure an efficient chain of command
- Manage high priority business initiatives from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members, consultants, and external vendors as needed
- Support key business partners as needed through research and analysis, building business cases for systems and processes and presenting those to executive leadership and the Board of Directors
- Assume ownership of our internal leadership and Board of Director meetings - managing the content, cadence, materials review, and dissemination and ensuring objectives are achieved
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve current processes across functional areas, optimizing our procedures for efficiency and productivity
- Identify operational bottlenecks and build scalable solutions that drive our growth and improve overall business performance
- MBA from a top 10 graduate institution
- 8 + years experience as a COO
- 5-10 years multidisciplinary business in a combination of operations, product management, consulting, finance roles in retail banking
- Preferably experience a mix of large org/tech but also regulated/controls background
- Expertise in defining and stating expectations and objectives with team members and completing all related follow-up and improvement measures
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
- Experience with a global organization, having built strong partnerships with stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent EQ that understands how to bring strong perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Extremely trustworthy with exceptional reliability. Exceptional discretion and diplomacy that builds strong thriving relationships
- Altruistic, selfless, and able to set aside personal interest/ego for objectivity
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial, and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand