What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We are experiencing rapid growth with our core product set and are planning to expand our institutional and retail products & presence, which the Payment Operations Manager will take a leading role in building and executing.
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky and resolving it quickly and appropriately.
- 4 or 5+ years of experience in Fintech or financial services (Startup experience strongly preferred)
- Prior experience working with Product teams in building and improving ACH, Wire, and crypto payments/withdrawals products and processes
- Monitor ACH and Payment fraud risk across the business
- Roadblock Clearer: identifies and resolves impediments and incidents and serve as the ultimate point of escalation and resolution for all client related operational issues
- Troubleshoot operational problems and collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Lead adaption of the Payment Ops Mission and Goals
- Process Manager: Helps the team inspect, create and implement processes.
- Work w/ all partners and cross functional stakeholders to identify and improve points of failure, resolve incidents and document process
- Responsible for making recommendations to Senior Management for changes in products, procedures, and policies
What We're Looking For:
- People management experience
- Strong communication skills in collaborating with different teams and levels
- Ability to manage up and down
- Process strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills for this highly transparent role within and outside the company
- Highly process oriented and motivated
- Able to assess and resolve unclear situations with limited information
- Excel, Jira, SQL, and Google Suite experience
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand