Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage Digital began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage Digital brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
- Own the build out of an institutional grade crypto trading system.
- Manage engineering and design personnel to complete complex builds as they relate to trade execution, settlement, and accounting.
- Continually improve the operational processes of the trading desk
- Maintain relationships with our execution service providers and collaborating in build-outs and trouble-shooting.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have strong mathematical and analytical skills (including Calculus and Statistics).
- You have meaningful experience developing trading systems at a bank, asset manager, and/or a hedge fund.
- You've built up a deep understanding of market micro-structure and algorithmic trading.
- You have a strong sense of trading desk accounting practices involving both agency and principal models.
- You're able to clearly communicate through written reports and visual aids (charts, graphs, analysis, etc.).
- You're genuinely interested in learning more about blockchain technology and the crypto industry.
- You have experience with modern protocols such as gRPC, GraphQL and REST.
- You’re comfortable navigating environments that are constantly changing, such as a high growth startup.
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have production experience with Go or other strongly typed programming languages.
- You have a deep familiarity with cryptographic primitives like hash functions, elliptic curve cryptography, ring signatures, ZK-Snarks, etc.
- You've developed mathematical skill in any of the following fields: Formal Methods, Abstract Algebra, Number Theory
- You've built up a knowledge base around distributed systems theory and failure models.
- You have experience running blockchain nodes or mining rigs.
- You're familiar with investment frameworks.
- You've seen and were emotionally moved by the musical Hamilton (the founder of our nation's financial system :).
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.