High-Level Description: A leading cryptocurrency financial platform built by a group of Wall Street quant trading veterans is seeking a Business Analyst to join our New York office in support of AscendEX's growing global trading platform for the blockchain industry.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing projects and implementing solutions that build upon and enhance trading global electronic platforms. As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with Head of Tech, Product Owner, quant developers, and Testing, and be involved in multiple projects from analysis and requirements gathering to functional design, testing, and implementation. Strong skills required in project management, communication, project implementation, and agile development methodologies.
AscendEX (formerly BitMax) is a global cryptocurrency exchange with a comprehensive product suite including spot, margin, and futures trading, wallet services, and staking support for over 150 blockchain projects such as bitcoin, ether, and ripple. Launched in 2018, AscendEX services over 1 million retail and institutional clients globally with a highly liquid trading platform and secure custody solutions.
AscendEX has emerged as a leading platform by ROI on its “initial exchange offerings” by supporting some of the industry’s most innovative projects from the DeFi ecosystem such as Thorchain, xDai Stake, and Serum. AscendEX users receive exclusive access to token airdrops and the ability to purchase tokens at the earliest possible stage.
To learn more about how AscendEX is leveraging best practices from both Wall Street and the cryptocurrency ecosystem to bring the best altcoins to its users, please visit www.AscendEX.com.
- Manage all project tasks; ensure that all milestone dates are met on-time and on-budget with a high degree of quality
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and internal discussions in order to define and analyze business requirements and all supporting data, and present findings and recommendations to internal teams
- Analyze and identify required changes to the system-based on client/business needs
- Formulate logic for new systems, prepare workflows and flowcharts, and create documentation to communicate requirements to developers
- Develop detailed user stories and acceptance criteria outlining the solution to be implemented
- Work with the Development team during the functional design phase to confirm the viability of designs
- Work with QA team to: complete internal test preparation by creating test cases, test conditions, and test data; Execute testing internally, inclusive of documenting results, tracking defects, and trouble-shooting defects and issues that arise out of testing; Plan, coordinate, and execute User Acceptance Tests
- Create and/or update platform documentation to support new releases
- Assist the production implementation, issues, and inquiries
- 3-5 years of Business Analyst and Project Management experience
- Experienced in agile methodologies from an implementation standpoint
- Experienced in the development of associated artifacts
- College Degree required
- Graduates with a technical degree background preferred (MIS, CS, mathematics, software engineering)
- Knowledge of: Agile, Visio, MS Office tools
- Detail-oriented and ability to effectively manage multiple work efforts
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Experienced in facilitating discussions with clients and internal teams
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively with all levels and areas of an organization
- Good judgment, high ethical standards, and a strong work ethic are a must
- Knowledge of digital asset trading or capital markets is a plus
- Preference for bi-lingual; English and Mandarin