Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About The Role
We’re growing! We’re expanding our communications efforts in the USA by adding a senior level communications manager to our team. In this remote based position, you’ll be tasked with generating amazing coverage in the U.S. and building relationships within the organization and with reporters and industry peers.
You’ll be living in the crypto space 24/7 so being familiar with crypto and Fintech in general is key, as well as having solid experience in story pitching, story mining and media monitoring.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Strengthen existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with print, online, broadcast reporters, producers, bloggers and influencers in the U.S. and globally.
- Reactively respond to media inquiries, educate reporters, correct misperceptions and work with the team on issues and crisis communications.
- Work with company executives to position Kraken as a thought leader among top tier media outlets.
- Collaborate closely with content, growth marketing, product marketing teams and subject matter experts around the company to implement the company's external communication strategy.
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, and create press materials including media pitches, FAQs and fact sheets in coordination with the team.
- Storymine with executives to create thoughtful pitches and narratives.
- Measure and report impact of campaigns reflecting on key performance indicators.
- Monitor the social landscape and elevate notable developments and trends
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience in public relations in tech with established connections at major publications
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent experience preferred
- Avid bitcoin and cryptocurrency enthusiast
- Excellent organization skills and written and oral communication skills required
- Deep understanding of the social media and influencer community
- Willingness to work hard and roll up your sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
- Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- You’re the “go-to” at the party who everyone asks about bitcoin
- You have been told that you have excellent judgment
- You welcome feedback from others and want to know how you can improve
- You care more about getting work done correctly than attempting to impress
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and enjoy doing a lot of online research
- You are extremely organized, detail-oriented and catch all typos or grammatical errors
- You understand crypto assets well enough to write about them
- You are independent but also a great collaborator
- You can manage projects and negotiate with ease
- You are agile and can adapt easily to ever changing priorities, needs, styles and issues
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn