Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, MV Index Solutions is a subsidiary of VanEck. VanEck is a privately-owned US-based investment management firm with approximately $75 billion of Assets under manager. Founded in 1955, the firm was among the first US money managers helping investors achieve greater diversification through global investing.
MV Index Solutions develops and maintains the MVIS and BlueStar Index families, a wide range of investable benchmark indices. MVIS’ index family reflects in-depth expertise related to emerging markets, hard assets, specialized asset classes, Digital Assets, and customized indices to track specific investment themes. MVIS’ indices are licensed by financial product sponsors around the world, representing more than $30 billion in assets, including more than $3 billion in Digital Asset indexes.
The Crypto/Digital Asset Product Strategist is a new position for MVIS to capitalize on the dynamic cryptocurrency/digital asset environment and to advance MVIS’ leadership position in this rapidly-growing area of finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Ability to dialogue with existing and new clients visiting them, keeping them informed of our capabilities and activity
- Asks insightful questions to continually learn about market dynamics, pricing procedures & client relationships
- Partner with MVIS Business Development team on new client acquisition and engagement
- Work with prospective clients and MVIS analysts/operations to backtest and develop new trading strategies.
- Maintain relationships with a broad set of market participants – including asset managers/funds, traders/liquidity providers, crypto payment platforms and investing institutions
- Nurture exchange relationships - develop, expand (and cross-sell for other MVIS capabilities, e.g. equity indexes)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of digital asset industry developments, competitors, and policies. Continually provide feedback to MVIS team to improve capabilities, systems, and procedures to develop market-relevant digital asset products
- Stay abreast of technology developments within the crypto/digital asset space
- Attend crypto conferences – attending, speaker, become the ‘face’ of MVIS for Crypto globally, with an initial focus on Europe with Crypto Valley in Switzerland, and East Coast US (e.g. NYC, Miami)
- Networking in general, including recruitment for Digital Asset Index sub-committee & attracting guest writers for MVIS 100 and other MVIS research, and develop their own crypto-related content, in collaboration with other MVIS staff
- Support MVIS’ CEO and COO in their roles are counterpart for MVIS’ strategic relationships
- New index idea generation - “ideas from the field” and self-generated commercial ideas
- Produce market color and commentary for internal and business development use
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Passionate about crypto with a ‘vision’ on its adaption
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline.
- 3 -7 years of financial market product management and/or trading/structuring experience. Several years of crypto experience a plus
- Ideally, understand how crypto derivatives across OTC and listed venues are structured/priced
- Ability to collaborate with quants and developers, and ideally, candidate would be able to discuss risk management of a portfolio of derivatives positions and understand systematic trading signals, and both pre- and post-trade analysis.
- Familiarity with the global institutional investment ecosystem (large asset owners pension and insurance funds, consultants, etc.)
- Some knowledge of non-linear products: vanilla and exotics, volatility, correlation.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.