Would you like to spend your limited time on this Earth paying off shitcoin¹ technical debt? If so, join some other company. We made a decision early on to get really good at one thing: Bitcoin.
LibertyX and LibertyPay are rapidly expanding leaders in Bitcoin retail and "Rebittance" (Bitcoin-based remittances), respectively.
LibertyX launched America's first Bitcoin ATM in 2014. Now we're putting "Bitcoin on every block" with over 30,000 ATMs, cashiers, and kiosks. LibertyX helps retail business owners find a way to make additional income and helps Bitcoin adoption at the same time.
LibertyPay makes remittances to Latin America faster and cheaper. We help families save money on transfer fees so more goes to their brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers.
Nic Carter, a well-respected industry thought leader, VC, and founder, has described these services as "insanely underrated."
* NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) transaction is expected to close later this year. It is subject to customary closing conditions, including obtaining certain regulatory licensing consents and approvals.
What you'll be doing:
You will do everything you are capable of doing to grow the company and provide a good experience to our customers. We don't think it's necessary to limit engineers to a specific area (backend, frontend, ops, etc.).
We built both companies (LibertyX and LibertyPay) with a single team of 3 engineers. You will work closely with the same people who built both companies from scratch, which is an extremely valuable experience if you want to start your own company someday.
You love building things. That's why you learned programming in the first place. You teach yourself whatever is necessary to reach your goal. Along the way you became proficient in data structures, algorithms, networking, debugging, operating systems, etc. You prefer a Unix-based OS and an open source software stack.
We are keeping an open mind, but we generally expect that this position will be ideal for junior engineers with a very strong technical background and 0-4 years of full-time work experience.
We are strongly biased in favor of open source software and keeping things simple. Our entire development environment can be set up by running a single script (using Docker).
• Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy)
• TypeScript (it's mostly ES6 -- not very strict about typing)
• Vue.js (Vuex)
iOS + Android apps:
• Thin wrapper around our frontend (We keep things simple, remember?)
• Native plugins to improve customer experience
• GitLab (using git, obviously)
• AWS (Amazon Web Services)
• ELK (Elasticseach + Logstash + Kibana)
• Grafana (StatsD + graphite + carbon-cache)
• Docker (technically podman)
• Pandas (with numpy, scipy, pysal, etc.)
Other cool stuff:
• Hardware security tokens
• Multi-signature control systems (cold wallet, cash withdrawal authorization)
• Low latency trading bots
• Authorized to do business in New York (BitLicense)
Things you should read:
• Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
• The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
1. “There’s bitcoin, and then there’s shitcoin.” --U.S. Congressman Warren Davidson, Congressional Libra hearing, July 17, 2019
Absolutely no recruiters. For PompCryptoJobs.com only.