BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The Senior Product Manager - Digital Custody will need to be a visionary and creative thinker who will manage and be responsible for the delivery and execution of our Digital Custody product to our internal business lines as well as introduce new innovative solutions to our clients. The incumbent will collaborate with business development, compliance, and technology teams as well as directly engage with clients to research and advance innovative product solutions from concept to development.
This role will focus on execution of products within the Global Custodian business and to further validate ideas with clients and stakeholders. This will require both in-depth end user knowledge and familiarity with Digital asset custody, as well as a deep appreciation and understanding of the next generation technologies and foundational steps of digital initiatives. These innovative product solutions will leverage a range of different emerging technologies to create value for clients including distributed ledger technologies (blockchain), cognitive data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and analytics. Clear and detailed product documentation, decision agreements on key decision points and appropriate sign offs from appropriate stakeholders will be key to ensuring a strong product that gets released to market.
- Drive the digital custody product and service solutions, with initial focus on validating value propositions, defining business cases for new product concepts, and migrating the current custody wallets from our existing business lines.
- Strong knowledge of digital custodian technologies and the pro/cons associated with them to ensure the product meets the highest security standards
- Strong knowledge of settlement, both traditional and DLT
- Work with regulators where needed to validate the product meets regulatory requirements in chosen jurisdictions.
- Generates and validates new product ideas based on market research and engagement with Technology , Business teams and clients as appropriate
- Engages with clients to assess and evaluate interest in new technologies and offer solutions based on these interactions
- The ability to execute and influence on proposed solutions by defining business and functional requirements and then directly interfacing with technology teams to shepherd development including creating a roadmap with clear achievable milestones and realistic success criteria
- Conducts extensive quantitative and qualitative analyses, through industry research, partnerships and conferences to develop a strategy on the digital landscape and assess how new technologies will benefit the firm
- Produces detailed product documentation that clearly demonstrates why certain key decisions were made, product requirements and signoffs, and key risks & challenges raised and decisions produced and why
- Significant experience in client workflow and front office products, with a deep understanding of trade flow processes in listed, derivative and OTC Markets
- Knowledge of DLT and the Digital Custody business
- Experience in building and driving innovative products, including management, from ideation through to design and development
- Experience in business development and client engagement with a proven track record of results and execution
- Excellent presentation, communications and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with experience in fintech or fast-paced corporate environments a plus
- MBA or advanced degree preferred