What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team!
About Your Team
As a Business Intelligence Analyst your responsibilities will be focused on the preparation, maintenance, analysis, and visualization of all data sources that BlockFi currently has, or will have in the future. You will be expected to not only meet your direct day to day responsibilities detailed below, but also assist with helping to shape the future of BlockFi Analytics. This role provides the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of BlockFi’s Analytics department.
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects ranging from client analysis, business analysis, investor reporting, and internal KPI tracking
- Create new and service existing Tableau dashboards across each business unit at BlockFi
- Organize and reconcile large amounts of data to ensure timely, and accurate reporting while delivering a top notch client experience
- Review data for discrepancies among systems to ensure back-end data matches client-facing data
- Create and maintain documentation on key internal data processes that helps to enable the team to train new team members, detail existing obscure data pipelines, and lay the foundation for automation
- Have an eye for detail and ensure all work has appropriate checks / controls in place to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our reports
- Be a self starter that finds opportunities for development and can deliver solutions with minimal oversight
- Recognize that no job is too small and egos must not delay deliverables
- Display intellectual curiosity and seek opportunities for personal and professional improvement
- Proficient in SQL (Intermediate), Python (Intermediate), Data Visualization Tool experience (we use Tableau), Excel/Google Sheets (Advanced), Data modeling for Reporting (Relational Databases), Databricks/Spark experience is a bonus, Design Background is a bonus
- A degree in a technical field such as Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field,
- Direct experience managing Business Intelligence deliverables (Analysis and Visualizations), experience, inferential statistics knowledge and machine learning experience is a bonus.
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently without need for constant oversight
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable to various environments and sudden changes
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications and solutions
- Desire to often work with people as well as be a self-motivated team player
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand