What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
- Oversee legal matters for our asset management entity, including advising on and negotiating corporate transactional matters, supervising outside counsel and overseeing the structuring of our asset management program
- Manage entity maintenance and corporate governance for the firm’s Asset Management Division (AMD)
- Working with colleagues outside the US to address cross-border legal and regulatory issues arising from the global nature of our business
- Cover AMD personnel and provide advice on how to conduct the firm’s business in a manner that complies with the vast array of applicable rules, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Develop, draft and maintain compliance policies and procedures outlining firm requirements, regulations and best practices
- Create and implement compliance training programs
- Review and advise on product marketing materials
- Perform look-back reviews, oversight and surveillances to assess compliance risks and breaches
- Assist with regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries
- Analyze new or amended laws, rules and regulations in order to formulate practical solutions to industry-wide issues
- Coordinate with the business, Legal, Technology and other divisions across the firm on new initiatives
- 8 + years of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel handling asset management, commodity funds, ETFs
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited institution
- Licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state of New York
- Preferably experience mix of large org / tech but also regulated / controls background
- Expertise in defining and stating expectations and objectives with team members and completing all related follow up and improvement measures
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills and ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of leadership across the organization
- Experience with a global organization, having built strong partnerships with stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent EQ that understands how to bring strong perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Exceptional discretion, trustworthiness, reliability, and diplomacy that builds strong thriving relationships
- Altruistic, selfless and able to set aside personal interest/ego for objectivity
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand