At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for a Research and Development Engineer who will join a team that focuses on research topics and software architectural designs in the Dash Core Group organization. You will design and help implement solutions to maintain and improve open-source products alongside engineers and developers helping various parts of our company. This work will include both architectural and design choices for the solutions.
This is an opportunity to work with a very innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with their money.
You are passionate about applied research and high-level design, but also comfortable getting involved with technical details. You thrive on optimizing existing systems as well as exploring new ideas. You are curious and enjoy analysing and learning new systems. You also have good communication skills and a practical mind that is focused on network efficiency and usability.
- Contribute to the creation and design of Dash Improvement Proposals (DIPs) which are documents specific to our cryptocurrency which is called Dash.
- Contribute to the implementation of the aforementioned proposals in the codebase.
- Explain ideas and concepts of the aforementioned proposals both to internal and external audiences when required to.
- Aid teams by assessing the benefits and downsides of various solutions.
- Collaborate with various teams to research, define, design, implement and ship improvements and new features.
- Provide internal teams with Technology Intelligence by keeping up with the bleeding edge of the cryptocurrency space. You will do so by reading both technical projects and research papers.
- Work with our technical writer to explain new and modified functionalities.
- Contribute to the open-source development of Dash components and libraries.
- Analyse and improve the efficiency of various solutions.
- Create benchmarks for various methods and work to increase performance in critical areas.
- Apply creative solutions to eliminate the limitations of cryptocurrency to provide improved user experiences.
- Provide proof of concept implementations if needed
- A bachelor (3-4 years of studies at the university level) in either mathematics, computer science or any relevant field or proof of equivalence through experience or another diploma.
- A good command of the English language.
- Basic knowledge of proof of work and proof of stake blockchain technology.
- Ability to understand at a master level already written blockchain technology, such as the published Dash Improvement Proposals https://github.com/dashpay/dips (see DIP 06 for a more complex example)
- Ability to code proof of concept implementations in a low level language such as Rust, C++ or C.
- Understanding the needs and requirements of implementations.
- Good understanding of basic cryptography and data structures.
- Extensive mathematical background (e.g. good understanding of number theory, probability, linear and abstract algebra)
- A masters or PHD in either mathematics, computer science or a relevant field.
- Understanding of more advanced cryptography.
- 2+ years of experience programming in lower level languages such as Rust, C++, C or similar.
- Understanding of zero knowledge proofs.
- Previous experience in the decentralized finance world, software design, computer security, computer science or related fields.
- Previous pull requests on Github or another open source platform
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Location / compensation
- The position is 100% remote.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location
To apply for this role, please submit an updated CV/resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com.
For more information on Dash, please visit https://www.dash.org