Qubit9 is the next big thing of Kai & Christian Wawrzinek, two of Germany’s most successful entrepreneurs. After leaving Goodgame Studios more than 10 years after we started it, we have teamed up with the best people to think even bigger - this time as part of the decentralised web / Blockchain revolution. We love the challenge of building something new with the potential to change the world. Do you want to join?
Reinvent the internet! We believe that decentralized technologies will be disruptive and a driving force in creating a new global system in finance, IoT, health and many more areas. We bring successful entrepreneurs and developers together to launch & scale disruptive, decentralized applications. We aim to build one of the most impactful teams in crypto right here in Hamburg, Germany.
To help build our team and structures, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Backend Engineer.
- Design, build and operate large-scale systems serving data with the latency of tens of milliseconds to many countries worldwide with millions of users.
- Write high quality, well tested code
- Brainstorm with the founders on how to solve big problems with decentralized solutions.
- Play a crucial role in the growth of our highly ambitious startup.
- At least 5 years of back-end or protocol-level software development experience.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- Strong experience in designing and developing APIs and high-volume data streaming and processing systems with server-side languages like Golang, Java, Python, Scala, TypeScript/Node.JS.
- Experience with Docker, and modern cloud technologies is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Autonomous & Self Starting: You proactively seek to understand the scope of the current mission & all its requirements. You read documentation, source code, and consult with protocol maintainers to deliver results.
- Detail & Security Oriented Thinking: You stay up to date with the latest releases & best practices.
- Crypto Expertise: You are familiar with decentralized web challenges, how this impacts your own area of expertise as well as ecosystem tools & techniques.
- Empathetic Mentor: You are an empathetic mentor, and enjoy sharing your knowledge & learnings with other motivated developers.
- Excellent written & verbal communicator: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to succinctly & clearly communicate your ideas.
Please submit your application with CV, relevant certificates and recommendation letters.