Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
Our Payments Team is a recently-formed development team focused on supporting a growing list of integrations to support payments, crypto transactions and the creation of complex compliance and regulation flows. This is a unique opportunity for technology enthusiasts to embrace your next challenge, to design tailor-made solutions, and to build high-performance web services that handle large volumes of transactions 24x7.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Director, Engineering to spearhead our Payments Team. This role will provide an early and significant impact on the engineering team in the US.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with product, design and other engineering teams to design and execute payment engineering roadmap
- Work with recruiting on hiring a payment engineering team with HQ based in the Bay Area
- Manage the payment engineering team: lead with good engineering practice to ensure high throughput and quality of delivery from the payment engineering team. Provide timely guidance and on point feedback to your team. Work with senior engineers to lead design effort; write technical design documents and hold design review meetings
- Own and lead collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including: Product, Design, Compliance, Marketing, People and remote engineering teams
- Design and establish a systematic approach to payment engineering performance - reliability metrics like service SLA, fault-tolerance, and security metrics
- Be involved throughout our services life cycle, influence every step of the way
- Be part of an amazing fast-paced team
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience, managing both ICs and engineering managers
- 8+ years of experience in Software Development
- Experienced with managing a team that works on high performance, distributed microservices on common cloud services (AWS/GCP)
- Experienced with common database solutions (rDBMS and Key Value store)
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with 'can do' attitude
Nice to Haves:
- Experience managing or collaborating with remote team is a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin and English is a plus
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.