Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
Our Payments Team is a recently-formed development team focused on supporting a growing list of integrations to support payments, crypto transactions and the creation of complex compliance and regulation flows. This is a unique opportunity for technology enthusiasts to embrace your next challenge, to design tailor-made solutions, and to build high-performance web services that handle large volumes of transactions 24x7.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Staff Engineer to help lead our Payments Team. This role will provide an early and significant impact on the engineering team in the US. You will be reporting to the engineering director of payment engineering and also work closely with product leadership, head of engineering. You will collaborate with the oversea engineering team and work with management to build out the payment engineering team in the US.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and develop 24/7 high scale APIs and distributed system, the tech stack will be on AWS. Java would be the language for the existing code base. Java Spring Boot will be the framework
- Strong CS fundamentals, solid knowledge of OOP/OOD, GoF design patterns
- Proficiency with Java stack and JVM (memory/performance tuning, GC)
- Proficiency with developing Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
- Proficiency in Spring Framework (Spring Boot), Hibernate (or similar ORM), Maven, Git
- Write unit tests, integration tests and CI/CD scripts
- Own, monitor and improve our services in production
- Lead design effort; write technical design documents and hold design review meetings
- Own and lead collaborative efforts with various stakeholders including: Product, Design, Business and oversea engineering teams
- Development and testing of high quality product features spanning multiple product domains
- Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles
- Be a technical leader; research and promote new technologies and tools
- Face technical challenges - performance, fault-tolerance, security and live production issues
- Be involved throughout our services life cycle, influence every step of the way
- Be part of an amazing fast-paced team
What We Look For In You:
- At least 6 years of experience in Software Development
- Experienced Java developer, other language experience (C++, Python, Go, Rust) can be a plus
- Experienced with MS-SQL server
- Experienced in distributed systems and microservices
- Work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Results oriented, self-learner, problem solver with 'can do' attitude
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java Spring Boot is preferred
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Familiarity with product management processes and tools
- Experience working with teams across offices and time zones
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.