About the Opportunity
Our mission is to help the next billion people experience the future of finance. We’re looking for UX Researchers to help define the future of our products, set strategies, and develop a culture of research driven user experience. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, and while this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote-first and believe in you working wherever you work best.
Okcoin's customer base is evolving as more everyday people embark on their crypto-finance journey. We are seeking an experienced UX researcher to help us augment growth initiatives and dive deeper with testing for our Learn squad. You will regularly provide insights around the optimal voice, tone, and language to help our customers continuously grow in their confidence, knowledge, and applied understanding of crypto and DeFi concepts. You will be an instrumental part of the team, advising on roadmaps and key decision-making in support of Okcoin’s customers and their crypto education, from very beginners to crypto natives. Success will be measured by designing, executing, and sharing out research cross-company which helps to move the needle on user-centric and growth KPIs, as well as continuing to be an ambassador for integrating research across teams.
What You’ll Achieve
- Embed yourself in the Learn squad to deeply understand and prioritize research needs around customer education and user personas, increasing the breadth of our insights by independently designing, executing, and presenting impactful mixed-methods research
- Use research to identify and solve general UX problems, working in tandem with Content Strategists, Designers, Product Managers, and Marketing to optimize overall UX including design elements and copy through rapid user testing/prototyping
- Leverage ongoing usability testing and research to make recommendations around how to best educate and build for current and future users across personas and markets, through content, copy, design, and UX optimizations
- Assist with Research Ops tasks for the team like scheduling interviews and updating the research repository
What We Look For In You
- 3-5+ years of UX research experience; ideally in a product setting.
- Confident with end-to-end research design utilizing various mixed-methods like usability testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups, card sorts, ideation sessions, ethnographies, A/B testing, and survey research
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development and design process
- Sensitivity to nuances and implications of language/diction and what customers are and aren’t saying when it comes to their understanding of often complex concepts (and how to translate this into meaningful product/copy/design changes)
- Know how to incorporate complex technical, financial, and business requirements and terms into research, in a way that is approachable and empathetic to research participants/internal audiences
- Able to not only report on data and insights, but have ‘bigger picture’ understanding of what the strategic impact is, and how we can fill in the ‘why’ behind the data with existing or future user research findings
- Some existing understanding of Bitcoin, crypto, DeFi and blockchain (Bonus if you already are obsessed!)
- Actively seeking a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment which is never boring nor predictable
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. We make it easy to buy and sell crypto and provide access to passive income earning opportunities.
Our growing UX Research team works to swiftly deliver research-backed insights regarding our current and potential users to stakeholders across Product, Experience, and Marketing teams. We directly contribute to the development and growth of Okcoin’s various product lines, as well as marketing and positioning campaigns. Additionally, we are charged with constantly measuring, testing, and iterating to optimize the overall cross-platform, global user experience. We are a multi-cultural and remote/decentralized team with a passion for making Bitcoin, crypto, and DeFi accessible to all.
Nice to Haves
- Experience crafting User Research for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products
- Past application of semiotic theory/semiotics research in a product/marketing context
- RIVA, Burke Institute, Nielsen Norman Group or other formalized training in qual methodologies preferred
- Deep-dive understanding of Bitcoin, crypto, DeFi, and/or blockchain
- Experience working with global teams across offices and timezones
- Ability to travel internationally about 10% of the time
Highlights of Perks and Benefits
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.