What is Foundation?
Foundation bridges crypto and culture to create mutual support between artists and collectors. We’re forging a community-driven path and sharing our tools with the rapidly evolving group of developers who are excited to define this future with us. We want anyone and everyone who cares about the future of digital expression to be a part of it.
Since Foundation launched in February 2021, we’ve supported pioneering artists including Nadya Tolokonnikova of Pussy Riot, Shawna X, Yung Jake, Aphex Twin, Zach Lieberman, Kim Laughton, Sarah Zucker, Devendra Banhart, Viktoria Modesta, Serwah Attafuah, Edward Snowden, and Dom Hofmann, the cofounder of Vine. And we’re just getting started.
Foundation's backend software engineers build the business and logic layers that power our applications. Our team is scaling our product offering to the needs of our rapidly growing userbase and vibrant creative community. Our future engineering teammates will develop novel backend solutions that will usher in new creators and drive the next chapter of our community growth story.
- Own features from conception to launch
- Work autonomously alongside a highly collaborative team and company
- Pro-actively communicate progress plans and blockers
- Partner with key stakeholders across our support, design, product, and engineering teams
- Gain consensus with fellow teammates and stakeholders
- Wear multiple hats while building multiple parts of our tech stack
- Grow into broader responsibilities, driving larger, mission critical technical verticals and initiatives
- You have an ability to write simple, elegant, composable, and well tested code
- You are a thoughtful communicator and collaborator
- You are metrics-driven, adaptable, and accountable in a dynamic environment
- You are committed to long term impact
- You have a passion for the arts, mutual support, and creating community
- You have a beginner's mind and open interest in learning new tech
- You empathize with the user experience and recognize the challenge of bringing projects to life
- You are ready to collaborate with a fast-moving team
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Typescript, React, GraphQL, and Postgres
- Experience designing and shipping backend services and systems
- Ethers.js, Hardhat, and Graph protocol experience is a plus
- 5+ years in a software engineering role
Benefits and Support:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off with approval and flexible hours
- A home office stipend
- A remote working environment