What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
About Your Team
BlockFi is seeking an experienced AML Suspicious Activity Report (“SAR”) Manager to join the Compliance team at BlockFi. In this role, you will oversee the drafting and filing of the SAR team at BlockFi referred to you by the Investigations teams. You will work closely with the Investigations teams, the Directors of the AML team and the Global Head of AML to propose methods, implement, and execute plans to ensure a strong AML SAR program. As with all members of the Legal and Compliance team, no two days will look the same! You are a team player that is ready to help across the organization as business needs require.
- Monitor and act upon compliance-related escalations and referrals from the Investigations teams
- Writing and implementing new policies and procedures related to the SAR process
- Participate as a contributing member of the SAR Committee
- Write and review Suspicious Activity Reports to be transmitted to FinCEN and applicable agencies
- Report on trends and conduct analysis on the SAR’s filed on a regular basis to management to identify new risks/behaviors attempted at BlockFi
- Keep up with regulatory updates and assist in identifying new trends and evolving AML typologies
- Documenting findings in the manual and automated process case management system
- Ability to also work on remediation or business-specific projects which may include regulatory examinations and/or external audits
- 7-10 years experience in AML transaction monitoring and SAR filings
- A strong background in writing SAR narratives
- Experience in investigations of potential money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, and other illicit activities
- Ability to manage projects and processes as well as multitask
- Knowledge of FinCEN and other regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, fast-moving, and flexible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- CAMS certification is a plus but not required
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial, and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments, and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand