Dash Core Group, Inc. (DCG) is a blockchain and software development company, responsible for the development of Dash cryptocurrency protocol and open-source products, including a variety of wallets and a software development platform.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for a quality assurance engineer responsible for the testing and maintenance of Dash Platform components, blockchain, and consensus libraries. You will add quality assurance to new Open Source products in an Agile environment alongside engineers and developers in the Dash Platform and Dash Core teams. This is an opportunity to work with an innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with finance.
- Contribute to the development process by adding quality assurance to open-source Dash components and libraries.
- Participates in preparations and testing of new releases and fixes.
- Collaborates with the teams to help solve technical challenges, apply improvements and new features.
- Discover and help eliminate code issues and race conditions. Increase code test coverage.
- Communicate with the dash development community to discover, reproduce, track and resolve issues.
- Contributes to the resolution of Technical Support issues.
- Contribute to developments and improvements of our continuous integration software.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and knowledge sharing with other team members.
- Identify new ideas for consideration to improve internal processes and practices.
- Propose creative and innovative solutions for blockchain and cryptocurrency to improve user experience and adoption.
- Understanding and knowledge of agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to work remotely and deliver without constant supervision
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Very good understanding of Jira, Confluence, CI/CD, Service Desk, Github
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Familiarity with complex, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with JS libraries and SDK integrations is a must
- Experience with Karma, Mocha, Chai, and other relevant testing tools
- Experience using integration and unit testing to deliver high-quality code
- Experience with Git and Github
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience in automation quality assurance
- Experience with Continuous Integration Systems (preferably Github Actions).
- University degree.
- Good understanding of cryptocurrencies (Dash especially).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with open-source and agile projects.
- Experience with peer-to-peer technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to navigate all levels of the organization.
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact
- Work on a fully remote team
- Work on a small, passionate team
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location / compensation
- The location is remote, with preferred time zones in Central and Eastern Europe
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location