At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for an iOS software engineer to improve the quality of one of our libraries written in Objective-C for iOS and macOS. You will be working with engineers and developers on the mobile team within the Dash Core Group. This is an opportunity to work with the most innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with their money through their mobile devices.
- Collaborate with the team in an Agile environment to research, define, design, implement, and ship improvements and new features.
- Implement UI/UX solutions into the front end of our mobile app.
- Increase unit test code coverage of the DashSync iOS Library.
- Improve our continuous integration.
- Create benchmarks for various functions of the application and work to increase performance in critical areas.
- Strive to find ways to improve code quality.
- Add code comments in classes where absent.
Work with our technical writer to explain various functionality of the DashSync library.
- 3 or more years programming in Objective-C.
- 3 years of studies in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects at the university level.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, and Core Graphics.
- Basic understanding of how cryptography is being used in the blockchain.
- Basic knowledge or better of how a blockchain works. Preference for candidates with a strong passion for blockchain technologies.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Ability to work remotely and be self-motivated.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Proficiency in the English language. You must be able to communicate with the team, both orally and in written form.
- Strong Unix skills.
Nice to Have
- Mathematical background (e.g. good understanding of number theory, probabilitiy, linear and abstract algebra)
- Understanding of SPV in blockchain technology.
- Strong understanding of cryptography – or willing to devote time to learning.
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of cryptocurrency.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work alongside passionate people.
- This is an opportunity where you can have oversized impacts and drive innovation.
- Work in an open-source environment.
Location / compensation
- This is a fully remote position.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location.