Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About The Role
We’re growing fast and need your help! As we continue to expand, we’re looking for an Internal Communications Manager to help our employees - Krakenites - stay informed, engaged and empowered. With all the exciting things happening at Kraken and the fast pace at which the company and wider industry is developing, this is the perfect role for an ambitious and talented communications professional ready to take their career to the next level.
In this remote based position, you’ll be tasked with shaping our internal communications strategy and working together with teams across the company to ensure a successful execution. Your responsibilities include keeping Krakenites all over the world informed about the strategy, results and ambitions of the company and optimizing our content and channels to help drive business results. Reporting to our Global Director of Communications, you’ll also work closely with our Director of Recruitment and Head of People to support internal programs and employee engagement initiatives.
Join our mighty Communications team of talented professionals as we work together to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Identify opportunities to develop and optimize internal communications
• Plan, write and edit content to keep Krakenites informed of company updates
• Partner with HR to produce and promote employee content including videos and internal messages.
• Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for employee presentations
• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
• Communicate internally on company priorities including leadership updates, company-wide initiatives, corporate social responsibility communications and more.
• Collaborate with Communications, HR and the broader leadership team to drive employee engagement as the company continues to grow.
• Ensure consistent communication between internal and external messages
Who You Are
• You have 5+ years of experience in an internal communications role. It’s a plus if you’ve worked within the crypto or wider FinTech industry before or if you have experience in a remote organization
• You have a Bachelors in communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent field
• You have excellent written and verbal communications skills
• You’re comfortable working with senior level executives in crafting communications strategies and materials
• You have a highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively and respectfully across organizational levels
• You’re a creative problem solver who develops new and innovative ways to connect to a growing employee base
• You’re no newbie when it comes to crafting employee engagement strategies with HR
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter