About the Role - 100% Remote
Engineering Manager II is the first manager level where we expect people management to be the majority of your focus, you should be totally removed from your team's technical contribution critical path. However you may still be expected to write and review code from time to time. Engineering managers generally lead a single, larger team responsible for multiple projects, drive all the hiring and interviewing for it, mentor and guide the career development of their direct reports, and work closely with their product partners to prioritize and scope work. The goal for a Engineering Manager II is to deeply understand all the technology used by your team, own the production operation and monitoring of your projects, manage your team members careers, expectations, performance and level of happiness, adjust the team processes by listening to feedback and guiding the team through the changes whilst ensuring that the changes you make impact not only your team but also other teams that your primary team collaborates with.
- 6+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience planning Software Engineers careers, coaching them to promotion
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Experience hiring talented engineers, you have a clear understanding of what it takes to be an excellent Software Engineer.
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- 8+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- 4+ years of experience building and running highly effective software engineering teams within a large technology organization or from the ground up at a fast growing startup
- Experience driving solutions to key business problems, even if the requirements are not clear
- Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, TypeScript, React (or React Native)