What is Polygon?Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development
. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 3000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.We are looking for a researcher with at least 3 years of experience in the Blockchain domain to help improve our scaling platform for Ethereum. Strong theoretical background along with deep understanding of blockchain technologies is mandatory and practical implementation experience is a major plus.- Understand the present blockchain scenario and identify its key pain points. - Innovate solutions that pave the way towards mass adoption of Web 3.0 technologies.- Evaluate existing systems, propose improvements and provide Proof of Concept implementation.
- 3+ years of research experience in core blockchain protocol design and scaling solutions.
- Distributed systems, cryptography or security background is preferred.
- Deep understanding of the present Ethereum architecture, Eth 2.0 design and specification, and other major PoS/PoW chains along with their practical limitations. Knowledge of consensus algorithms is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of scaling solutions like optimistic and zero-knowledge based rollups, sidechains and state channels.
- Understanding of stateless clients and the state bloat issue on Ethereum style blockchains.
- Notable contribution, in terms of novel research papers published in top venues and/or contribution to solutions that garnered adoption or recognition within the blockchain community.
- Having a formal degree like Masters or PhD is a plus.
- Ability to clearly articulate the problem, setting time-oriented goals and achieving them.
- Ability to clearly communicate the problem at hand along with solution approaches to all types of audiences.
- Ability to read theoretical and practical solutions, analyze the tradeoffs and present an improved approach in a time-efficient manner.
- Passionate about solving real world problems that impact the present blockchain scenario.
- Readiness to learn new technologies, catch up with bleeding-edge research and make meaningful contributions that help the blockchain community.
Polygon (Previously Matic Network) is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building multiple types of applications. Using Polygon, one can create Optimistic Rollup chains, ZK Rollup chains, stand alone chains or any other kind of infra required by the developer. Polygon effectively transforms Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain system (aka Internet of Blockchains). This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc with the advantages of Ethereum’s security, vibrant ecosystem and openness.Benefits:
Work from anywhere (Remote first)Flexible working hoursFlexible vacation policyCompetitive Salary + Token bonus
Benefits:Work from anywhere (Remote first)Flexible working hoursFlexible vacation policyCompetitive Salary + Token bonus (portion or all can be paid in Crypto)
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about PolygonWebsite | Twitter | Ecosystem Twitter | Developer Twitter | Studios Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn